Sunday, April 22, 2012

Leisure Activities
FC Barcelona Game
      The other night I went to a local bar with some Spanish friends to watch the Barca vs Atletico Madrid game. While I have been keeping up with the futbol crazy in Barcelona and had previously watched the Barca vs Real Madrid game, watching the game with true Catalan fans was a different experience. I bought Xavi's jersey and one of the guys was I was with was very impressed with me. He explained to me how he is from Xavi's hometown, Tarrassa, and that to him Xavi is the best player and the brains behind Messi's plays. He also explained to me why this was a big game because of the huge rivalry between Barcelona and Madrid. 






Nightlife
 Going out in Barcelona is certainly a different experience then going out in the States. While I am used to going out at about eleven, going to a bar then heading home at about two or three when the bars close is completely different then nightlife in Barcelona. First off dinner isn't until about 9:30 then we will go to a bar at about twelve, then head to a club at three and stay until five or six. When I explain this to my friends and family they are baffled as to when Spaniards sleep! 

Freixenet
For a day trip, my friends and I visited this winery and got a tour of the companies history, and got to see the cellars. Here I learned all about cava and its production in Spain. A guide explained the process of creating cava and how technology has gradually been incorporated into the methode tradionnelle. After the tour we then got to sample some cava.

No comments:

Post a Comment